Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I want to ramble... and catch up!

Here is it May already. I haven't posted in a while. It seems like when I get on here to post that's what I start with. I should post more often but I get on here to check my email, check out Facebook, and look at other blogs.. never my own. So, I'm here to update...
Since we got back from Spring Break- we began ball season. C is playing baseball two days a week, J is playing softball 2 days a week, and Jamie and I are playing on our church softball team sometimes 2 days a week- not to mention double headers each night. SO- guess what the back of my van is stocked with;O)
C is pitching for the first time- he does really well to be so little. Yes, he is the shortest on the team but has got to be the fastest I think. He does really well at playing catcher too. When he's not pitching he's mostly playing short-stop. I do believe he gets that from his dad (and mom.) Jamie plays ss and I did in school but I don't now b/c I am a little more of a chicken playing in-field with the men. If I'm in-field I'll be the catcher...
J just started softball and I missed her first game so I'm excited to get to see her play this weekend. She regrets not trying out for the school's softball team.
Jamie is travelling a lot lately but at least it's not on a submarine out in the middle of who knows where and I get to hear his voice every night. We just celebrated out 16th anniversary on May 1st... he was too sweet and planned a big date for us. It had to be done the weekend b/f b/c I left this past weekend for a get-a-way with some ladies from church. He bought us tickets to a musical show called Ragtime over at the Kennedy Center in DC. He also made reservations at the Rooftop Terrace overlooking the Potomac River and DC. When we arrived at the table- he had a vase of beautiful roses sitting there for me to take home...by the end of the show- he was sneezing, coughing, and achy all over. But, he was such a good husband didn't let it ruin the night- we made it home to enjoy a Frosty on the back deck in the nice midnight weather... He's a great man- I'm blessed and so thankful for him.
I am soooo ready for spring- I think we're going to jump straight to summer weather though. The rain is never-ending. I had enough of that in WA state while we lived there. I'm ready for some good weather.
I'll end with a few pics I've taken lately... I don't have any of J though- I will grab some of her the weekend playing ball.
Enjoy!

This is the vase of flowers I was surprised with at our dinner table our night out...


C sliding home...


1 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Mary J said...

HAPPY ANNY! WOW! 16 YRS?? NICE! Glad to see you are having a busy, active, and FUN spring!