Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break 2009


It has been a while since I've posted- when I get online it seems like I hang out on Facebook instead... but I know there are some that like to read our family blog... so here I go.
We left VA on Thurs- headed to Pulaski, TN. Jamie had a weekend planned to hang out with some ol'buddies to turkey hunt. We arrived at his buddies cabin around 4 in the morning on Fri. After dragging myself out of the bed, I left him there for the weekend and headed to Auburn, AL. It has been 3 yrs since we moved from Auburn- so going back was exciting. I was able to stay with my friend- Jackie. Saturday morning I met up with my friend Sterling and her girls for breakfast. I cannot get over how much her girls have grown up- they're so beautiful! It was good catching up with them and allowing time for the kids to catch up too. Later in the day- me and the kids drove to Jasper to mom and dad's. The weather was awesome, everything was in bloom and green. It felt good to be in the south. Sunday afternoon- I had to meet Jamie to get him from his weekend away with the guys. After dinner with Jamie's family- we spent our last night in Jasper b/f making our way up to Gatlinburg, TN on Monday morning... We had a cabin up in the Smokey Mountains. Not only was the cabin beautiful and had a warm feeling to it- the view was beautiful too.
After a great weekend of wonderful weather in AL... we woke up to 1-2 inches of snow Tues morning in Gatlinburg. It was freezing cold but it was so pretty getting to see the white snow covering the mountainside. It didn't stop us as we headed out to putt-putt and ride go-carts. How can we say no to the kids when that's all you see once you enter into Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It was great to find those activities indoor for us to do b/c I didn't plan for snowy weather. Later in the day- the snow finally went away and the sun came out. After spending our week horse back riding, cruising through the mountains, dinner shows, go carts and putt-putt, mining for gems, shopping, and a day at Dollywood- we are now back in VA ready to get back to the "speedy" life that seems to never go away. While on our trip in Gatlingburg- I came down with the worse sore throat EVER!!!! I should've found me a doc but I didn't want to take time away from the kids having fun. Thank goodness for Motrin b/c I took my fair share of it to be able to hang in there. I have never been to a theme park and made the choice to sit out on rides but this momma didn't care this time. My head was spinning, throat felt like I had swallowed TWO grapefruits, and my body aching all over. Not a good feeling at all. I didn't capture many shots of our trip b/c ... well... I just didn't feel like holding the camera after the way I felt. So I hope you do enjoy what shots I did capture.

3 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Kelly said...

Hey Michele! It's been a while since I was on here as well. I lovd your photos as always! I really can't wait to back to the south! Great photos as always. I want to plan a trip like this soon. Living in Hawaii really limits the vacations... although we are thinking of Australia soon!

Kelly said...

Hey Michele, please feel free to join the "Friday Shoot-Outs". I just joined a few weeks ago. It's a great way to stay shooting! There is a different theme every Friday and then you just post what you've shot! I love it!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Glad you had such a great time! Sorry that you were sick though. That is such a bummer! I saw your pictures on Facebook and loved the shots you took! :) Miss you guys!