Monday, February 23, 2009

Old Friends...


Recently we had a friend we knew in SC stay with us here in Manassas. She and her family lived next door to us in Ladson, SC. Her sister is one year older than Jaima and they were in-separable while we lived in SC. In fact, when we moved from SC- Jaima's friend named her new "wiener" dog JAIMA... 9 yrs later they still have that dog. Our friend that came to stay with us was Heather- She is all grown up now and lives in Tampa on her own. I cannot believe it b/c the last we seen her she was 16! Her job brought her up to DC for 4 days so she was able to stay with us and commute to DC with Jamie. It was great having her in town and catching up. I cannot get over the fact that she's no longer a teenager and living on her own. Jaima was 2 and 3 and Heather's sister was 4 and 5 when we lived near them. Now, the girls are teenagers well Jaima's almost one and Heather is living all alone. WOW don't I feel really old! This is the fun part about our Navy life...we have been many great places, met some wonderful friends, and continue to stay in touch with those friends even though we may never see each other once again....but then again- you never know when one might call you up and say "hey I'll be in town- can I stay with you..." When Heather arrived on Tues. we also had another friend that lived in the same cul-de-sac call me up and make plans to come to our house for the night as well. She now lives in PA. So to Dawn and Heather... it was so good to see you two and catch. Thanks for visiting with us here in Manassas. Please know our doors are always opened to you to come any time.
Heather bought a new camera while she was here so here are some photos that were taken with it... I have many that she downloaded for me but these are just some that I liked and thought I'd share...

1 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Unknown said...

I had a great time visiting with you guys!!! :) Thank you so much for opening your doors to me! I promise I will make another trip up there to see you. I'm so glad that we've kept in touch all these years! Some friends last a lifetime! Thanks for a great time and thanks for the "talking"...I have a whole new outlook on everything! Love you guys so much!