Thursday, February 12, 2009

My shining star...

I have to share this rewarding moment I experienced this past week...
Jaima is your typical female- UP, DOWN, SIDE to SIDE... she gets pissy, sweet, calming, caring, loving, and yes she even gets PMSy (a new word.)and that's not the same as being PISSY- just to name a few. No matter what the mood she's in- I feel she's always an honest girl and it shines. There's nothing more rewarding to know that no matter what mood she can be in- she'll always remain honest and true. Just this past week I received a letter wrote on a sticky note from her Language Arts teacher. It read...
"Jaima is an excellent student in L.A. Her work is always done, she is honest and fair, and a pleasure to have in class. Mrs. Cafferty."
So I sent this teacher an email and thanked her for letter. She replied back to my email with this...
Your daughter is a testament of your parenting! She is a "shining star" in every respect. Have a wonderful day! Mrs. Cafferty

What a rewarding feeling as a parent! It feels GREAT to know that my daughter is SHINING out there. To know that this teacher- JUST ONE of her 6 teachers that she has all day long took the time to share that info with me. This teacher has 6 or so classes all day long with many different students coming in and out and she cared enough to share what she sees in my daughter.
She's my girl- thank you God for blessing me with such a wonderful gift!

0 comments posted...click to read what they say.: