Thursday, December 4, 2008

Family

We've had family visiting so I have been MIA...
Jamie's mom, step-dad, sister, & brother flew into town and stayed with us for 5 days. While they were here- we went over to the Pentagon to see the Memorial of 9-11. I've posted a photo of the memorial b/f but just in case you missed that post- here are some brief details... Notice the "whiter" area of the Pentagon- that is the new area built since the crash. The benches come up out of the ground, underneath is a reflecting pool, on the end of each bench is the name of the person that died in the crash. If you stand to read the name with your back to the Pentagon- those are the victims that were on the plane. If you're facing the Pentagon while reading the name- those victims were in the Pentagon. The benches are placed in order from youngest to oldest in rows of the year they were born. I caught a photo of Cody reading a name on the end of a bench with Jamie walking along with him... in uniform- I thought it was "touching" and made me realize how blessed I am after seeing all that passed on that day.
My mom, dad, brother, and his two kids drove up on Tues night... they were here for Thanksgiving. This was my mom's first Thanksgiving AWAY from home. She's always the one making the dinner and serving us on Thanksgiving... she gave that up this year to spend Thanksgiving with us so thanks mom for a great memory!
My brother LOVES history- so he was anxious to get over to DC. My brother was in a really bad accident Labor Day of 07. After many attempts to save his leg- they had to amputate it. After spending 2 months in a trauma unit fighting for his life- and 1 month in rehab getting his strength back- he is up on two feet again. He has a prosthetic leg and is getting around just fine. I'm thankful to still have my brother here with us, I'm thankful he came up to VA to visit, and I'm so happy that he was able to walk around DC- something he's always wanted to do.

Jaima started her basketball games at school... they're doing well and she loves it. Jamie will be leaving for Japan and Korea soon. He'll be back just in time for the holidays. I started a new job working part time as a preschool teacher for a 4 yr old class... it's fun- something I love to do. Just catching up... enjoy the pics.







2 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele, it's so good to see your family and especially that your brother is walking...wow...incredible blessings this year! SO many prayers answered! Hope Jamie has a safe trip. Camden can't wait to see Cody over the holidays!
Hugs to all~

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I am so sorry that I haven't called you back yet! I promise that I will. I've been so busy as you can tell from my blog. That job looks very promising and if it is then I'll be moving to St. Petersburg, FL! You guys can come stay with me when you go to Disney or Busch Gardens! hehe :)
Me and my family are flying to NYC this weekend! We are excited. We went last year too. It was so much fun! Anyway....thank you for calling me...and I will call you back! Love ya girl!