Monday, January 5, 2009

Catching up once again...

Wow- time got away. No post the whole month of December- what's up with that? It was either a very short month or I was way too busy. I think "WAY TOO BUSY" would be the correct answer. I started to work the first of December and although I ONLY work 3 days a week for half a day- my days got away from me. Jamie also left for two weeks of December- so I ran around trying to get Christmas shopping done and things ready to travel to AL for the holidays. It was just crazy crazy!!! So crazy that I am so glad December is all over with.
We spent 10 days in AL with family. The kids love AL and want to move there but I don't see that happening any time soon- so every chance we can get we like to get home to spend time there. My mom was admitted into the hospital 2 days b/f Christmas so plans had to be rearranged to celebrate Christmas with her and dad. It was a little depressing for us all but we learned to accept what it was and make the best of it on Christmas day. Then, good news came while I lay in the bed Christmas morning. I was at Jamie's mom's house when mom called to let me know that they were discharging her early and she was going home that day so we had her home for Christmas after all. The kids were a little down that she wasn't able to be at home on Christmas day until I told them she called. So, we rushed home to mom and dads start a Christmas dinner and prepare the day to celebrate. The day turned out great and as Jaima would put it... "prayers were answered." She's still not 100% but she's doing OK... so please keep her in your prayers. We spent time with Jamie's mom and family- his dad and family- and then my family. The weather just wasn't like it should be for Christmas time. Last year we had a white Christmas in WA and knowing that they did again this year was a little hard to swallow since our weather in AL was in the lower 70's!! BUT if we'd not been in AL we'd been in VA where there was no snow either.
SO, we're home now and I'm so glad to get back to "normalcy" if there is such a thing. Cody is starting basketball and Jaima is wrapping it up. Happy 2009 and May God continue to Bless You!
The pics below are photos of my family. These were the only photos I took while I was home for all 10 days so that's all I have to share. Enjoy

0 comments posted...click to read what they say.: