Monday, March 8, 2010

What a weekend...


I am so glad to see this Monday morning arrive for a start to a brand new week. This past weekend was something else. Cody had his bday party scheduled for Saturday. It was originally planned for the first of Feb but b/c of mother nature dumping 2 feet of snow on us and shutting everything down- we had to re-schedule it. The party was planned at this place with roller skating and laser tag. We opted out to do roller skating b/c I just didn't want to take the chance of some child falling and getting hurt. (A couple of years ago, Jaima fell while ice skating and ended up with 7 stitches in her lip- although it was ice skating- I still get nervous about skating rinks....) So, we signed up for two laser games instead. We go in for our time to play the game. This was my first time to ever play a laser game and I have to admit- it was fun. I was a chicken though and would never move out of my corner. Everyone else was all over the course blasting away. Jaima thought she'd be slick and run down the side of the wall and turn to take me out.... while she was running down the side of a wall- she turned to shoot her laser gun and leaned into the wall for support. There was a screw... not the pointy side out- but the fat flat side pointing out of the wall. She managed to puncture a hole into her arm and create a really ugly sight on her shoulder. I walk out with her and check it out.... and ooo eee... it was nasty!!! I knew immediately it needed stitches. Thank goodness we only had 45 min left to the party- and that 45 min was the time in the party room doing cake and presents. So, I hated to leave and miss out. She was able to sit tightly until the party was over b/f heading over to the ER to have it looked at. After arriving at the ER- they took x-rays and found out that it punctured her muscle as well. After spending what felt like forever at the ER- she ended up with 4 stitches and a really nice bruise on her shoulder.
NOW.... after all this was said and done- the more I think about the incident the more irritated I get. This facility didn't even have a first aid kit on the premises. They handed me a towel from the snack bar- I was in such a panic I didn't even take time to stop and think if it was clean like they claimed for it to be... They didn't even check on us b/f we left the facility- so I think I just might make me a phone call and request I get a refund for the cost of the party- and this wasn't no cheap party- most expensive bday party we've had for either kids in 13 yrs!! I'm not looking to "sue" this place- I am just irate about how they were not only unprepared to treat someone with an injury but their lack of concern after seeing for them self how bad the puncture to her arm was. I think they could've at least offered a discount of some sort!
What a weekend.... like I said- I am so glad this beautiful Monday morning has arrived!

3 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that particular make. The prices as regards the sneakers were approximately 200 dollars everwhere. But for all I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices for the sneakers were approximately 230 bucks everwhere. But completely I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

HammerGeek said...

hope that boy had a fun b day it looks really cool