Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camp...



this is C's first time to ever experience any kind of camp away from home. We drove him out to bible camp this past Sat... he'll spend one week out there. He kept assuring me that he was going to be fine but what kind of mom would I be if I'd not worried one li'bit about him? 1 full week of 0 communication with him :o( Actually, I can communicate with him through email- yes I ask too..."what kind of camp has Internet?" So, maybe I'll take advantage of technology and shoot him an email throughout the week. I sent stamped addressed envelopes with him and told him to write home if he feels the desire. Who knows if he'll take the time to do so...
I just hope he takes a bath (at least by mid-week.) I had my share of "motherly do's and don'ts... bath's EVERY NIGHT but I was told that would more than likely NOT happen... brush his teeth every night- yea ok whatever I know! I asked him to keep his stuff all together and not to lose any of it... heehee- go ahead and laugh. I might as well join ya b/c I doubt that happens either. My list of do's and don'ts went on and on... so I'm anxious to pick him up on Sat. to see how the week went and what he does and doesn't come home with- how he looks and smells. Most of all I cannot wait to hear how much fun he had and the spiritual growth he experienced. He'll always be my baby... but it's time I admit that he's growing up and I must let go of the control. (Well, maybe just SOME teeny bit of control ;o)

3 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Kelly said...

I know how you feel. Ally went to a summer camp in MA a few years ago. She got eo experience so many things and she was more responsible when she came home. They all stayed in cabins with about8 girls per cabin. They all had chores and classes like sailing, etc. It was an amazing experience for her! Blog about his return. I'm excited to know how it went.

Unknown said...

He will be back before you know it!!! :) I hope he has a great time. Miss you guys! Love ya!

Gail said...

So, I am wondering... Did everything you sent with him come home? The first year Lily went, I put her name or initials in permanent marker on EVERYTHING!! lol And I put each day's outfit, color-coordinated and with undies and socks in a Ziploc bag. We still have hair dryers and other stuff floating around here with either the initials L.A. or C.A. on them. :)