Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day...

OK... so this is the day after but I've been busy all weekend doing Memorial Day celebrations. I think it would only be appropiate for me to post this pic of My Sailor...



I realize that Memorial Day is a day set aside to remember those that have died fighting for our freedom but I can't help but think of those that cont. to do so in some way for the US. Almost 17 yrs it has been since Jamie joined the Navy- who knows what the future holds. If we follow our dreams- he only has 3 left until we join the civilian life. It has been a great 17 yrs... the Navy has taken us many great places, we've made wonderful friendships, and made many memories along the way. Life is good!

So, this weekend we had a picnic out at Camp WAMAVA. This camp is gorgeous... the kids are pumped to go to camp this summer. I captured some great shots of friends having fun out there but the two shots I'm posting are my very own fav...



Sunday we had a cook-out with our neighborhood friends- no photos captured just more memories made.
Monday we drove over to the Shanandoah National Park and hiked 6.5 miles up and down rugged trails with some friends that are neighbors. It was a beautiful day.





2 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Mary J said...

beautiful pics of a beautiful fam...............

Unknown said...

Love the pics :) You guys always look like you have so much fun. Miss you guys.