Tuesday, January 27, 2009

OK here is the info on our trip to Hawaii...
What a trip. I leave VA and it's FREEZING- literally! We fly 12 hours to Oahu, Hawaii and it's in the upper 70's. We rented a jeep and took the top off. After driving around we found ourself turning the heat on b/c it got a little chilly- weird I know but nothing like riding around with the cool breeze, beautiful views, sun shining, and warmth blowing on us to get rid of the chill. The coast was beautiful as you'll see in the photos. We drove up to North Shore hoping to catch some views of huge waves but there were none... we did capture some shots of turtles sunning on the beach. The resort we stayed in was great. The beaches were calming and the water was crystal blue. Waikiki is way too busy for me and can I say EXPENSIVE!!! Way over rated if you ask me. Jamie was on a business trip so I tagged along with him to Hawaii- so I shouldn't complain too much about Hawaii. What a better way to get to go. We were able to spend two full days together sightseeing and every afternoon watching the sunsets... that was my favorite part of the whole trip. That's why you'll find LOTS of sunset photos. While he was at work I found myself relaxing on the beach. Nothing like Norah Jones on my Ipod, the waves crashing, and sunbathing in the sun. AHHHH!! Can't go to Hawaii w/o going to a luau- that was neat and the food was great. We also enjoyed riding around the US Navy base, visited some friends we know there, and paid a visit to the USS Arizona. That was an eerie feeling standing over that sunken ship knowing those sailors didn't make it out. I'm so thankful my parents were able to drive up from AL to stay with the kids. I missed having them with us. Next time maybe... the trip was great- I have some color now- but we're back to bundling up in frigid cold temps. Today is my birthday and what a great way to celebrate with SNOW, kids home from school, & being lazy! Enjoy the pics and if you have any questions just email me. ALOHA!

1 comments posted...click to read what they say.:

Mary J said...

as usual, beautiful pics. I so want to go back to Hawaii! There is no place like it!